We will do everything to make sure your experience is a success and that you will have a great time. In order to ensure that you know exactly what our (and your) responsibilities are, please read the following terms and conditions.
Any individual, including the person who requested the tour and all the people belonging to his group, by participating to any tour provided by Free Bike Tours Rome (Ass. Culturale Cicloturismo Urbano), accept the following TERMS AND CONDITIONS and agree to be bound by them.
- All tours provided by Free Bike Tours Rome are on demand only.
- In order to participate in any tour provided by Free Bike Tours Rome (Ass. Culturale Cicloturismo Urbano), you must request your tour using the request form on our website, Free Bike Tours Rome will let you know the availability afterwards.
- If you are a large group we can only offer you a private tour.
- If you are a family with kids under 10 years old we can only offer you a private tour.
- By participating in any tour provided by Free Bike Tours Rome (Ass. Culturale Cicloturismo Urbano), you agree to our terms and conditions as listed here. You also agree to take all due care and pay attention whilst on our tours, and listen carefully to the safety talk which will be given at the start of each tour by the tour guide.
- To join any of our bike tours you must be able to ride a bike confidently, safely and be able to bike at a quick enough pace that you are not slowing the tour group down. By booking any of our bike tours you agree that you and any other people you may have booked the tour for can ride a bike. If it turns out that you or your companions cannot ride a bike safely or at a normal pace then we reserve the right to take you or them off the tour.
- Free Bike Tours Rome (Ass. Culturale Cicloturismo Urbano) reserves the right to refuse any individual from taking part in the tours at any time.
- Please be aware that tours may be cancelled or rescheduled due to poor weather conditions, Free Bike Tours Rome will inform you by email.
Free Bike Tours Rome (Ass. Culturale Cicloturismo Urbano), its partners and tours guides assume no responsibility for any injury, loss, damage or inconvenience sustained by any person using its services, nor to their property.
- The bicycle you are using for the tour is provided by an external bike rental Company. Free Bike Tours Rome (Ass. Culturale Cicloturismo Urbano) assume no responsibility for any issue between you and the bike rental Company. Feel free to rent your bicycle from any bike rental company or to use your own bike.
- By renting the bicycle from the suggested external bike rental Company you agree to the following terms and conditions as listed here:
- The renter agrees that he/she will release Free Bike Tours Rome (Ass. Culturale Cicloturismo Urbano), its partners and tours guides, from any and all responsibility of liability for injuries or damages to the user of the bicycle or to any other person.
- The renter accepts for full responsibility for the care of this equipment and thereby agrees to freely and expressly assume and accept any risks and all injury to the user of this equipment while cycling.
- The renter accepts the bicycle in good condition, and commits himself/herself to return the bike in equally good condition, and to ride the bike respecting the rules and obligations outlined in Italy’s laws.
- Not to adjust or manipulate the mechanical parts of the bicycle.
- To park the bike in a manner that is safe for pedestrians and the bicycle itself.
- To be responsible for any loss or damage to the equipment which, at all times, remains the exclusive property of the external bike rental Company. In case the equipment is lost, destroyed or damaged beyond repair in the judgement of the external bike rental Company, the renter agrees to pay the external bike rental Company the value to replace the equipment. The replacement charge will be determined by the external bike rental Company and charged at the time of the return.
- The renter agrees to pay for the rental of the bike and any additional fee that is applicable for any mistreatment of the bicycle. In case a part of the bicycle is broken because of mistreatment, lost or stolen, additional fees will be charged.
- Free Bike Tours Rome (Ass. Culturale Cicloturismo Urbano), its partners and tours guides cannot be responsible for your own illness or injury or for damage or loss of your personal belongings while on a ride or tour.
- The bike has to be handled with care.
- Races and dangerous acts, as well as any wild or boastful behavior are strictly forbidden.
- The user must respect both civil and traffic laws, which he declares to know well.
- Since riding a bike involves physical fitness, when hiring the vehicle, the user unconditionally acknowledges his/her own skills and adequate training.
- The driver will be charged for any damage caused while riding or using the bicycle.
- The driver is liable for any injury caused while riding or using the bicycle.
- The custody and the efficiency of the rented bicycle are responsibility of the user.
- In case of sudden breakdown nothing can be held against the hirer; it’s responsibility of the user to check that the bike is fit for purpose at the moment of its delivery.
Any individual, including the person who requested the tour and all the people belonging to his/her group, by participating in any tour provided by Free Bike Tours Rome (Ass. Culturale Cicloturismo Urbano), accepts the following WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY FOR TOUR PARTICIPANTS and agree to be bound by it.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY FOR TOUR PARTICIPANTS
In consideration of the risk of injury while participating in a guided tour, and as consideration for the right to participate in the Activity, I hereby, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, assigns, or personal representatives, knowingly and voluntarily enter into this waiver and release of liability and hereby waive any and all rights, claims or causes of action of any kind whatsoever arising out of my participation in the Activity, and do hereby release and forever discharge Free Bike Tours Rome (Ass. Culturale Cicloturismo Urbano), their affiliates, managers, members, agents, attorneys, staff, volunteers, heirs, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns, for any physical or psychological injury, including but not limited to illness, paralysis, death, damages, economical or emotional loss, that I may suffer as a direct result of my participation in the aforementioned Activity, including traveling to and from an event related to this Activity.
I am voluntarily participating in the aforementioned Activity and I am participating in the Activity entirely at my own risk. I am aware of the risks associated with traveling to and from as well as participating in this Activity, which may include, but are not limited to, physical or psychological injury, pain, suffering, illness, disfigurement, temporary or permanent disability (including paralysis), economic or emotional loss, and death. I understand that these injuries or outcomes may arise from my own or others’ negligence, conditions related to travel, or the condition of the Activity location(s). Nonetheless, I assume all related risks, both known or unknown to me, of my participation in this Activity, including travel to, from and during this Activity.
I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Free Bike Tours Rome (Ass. Culturale Cicloturismo Urbano) against any and all claims, suits or actions of any kind whatsoever for liability, damages, compensation or otherwise brought by me or anyone on my behalf, including attorney’s fees and any related costs, if litigation arises pursuant to any claims made by me or by anyone else acting on my behalf. If Free Bike Tours Rome (Ass. Culturale Cicloturismo Urbano) incurs any of these types of expenses, I agree to reimburse Free Bike Tours Rome (Ass. Culturale Cicloturismo Urbano).
I acknowledge that Free Bike Tours Rome (Ass. Culturale Cicloturismo Urbano) and their directors, officers, volunteers, representatives and agents are not responsible for errors, omissions, acts or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific event or activity on behalf of Free Bike Tours Rome (Ass. Culturale Cicloturismo Urbano).
I acknowledge that this Activity may involve a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and may carry with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks may include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, lack of hydration, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic and actions of others, including but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, coaches, event officials and event monitors, and/or producers of the event.
I acknowledge that I have carefully read this “waiver and release” and fully understand that it is a release of liability. I expressly agree to release and discharge Free Bike Tours Rome (Ass. Culturale Cicloturismo Urbano) and all of its affiliates, managers, members, agents, attorneys, staff, volunteers, heirs, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns, from any and all claims or causes of action and I agree to voluntarily give up or waive any right that I otherwise have to bring a legal action against Free Bike Tours Rome (Ass. Culturale Cicloturismo Urbano) for personal injury or property damage.
To the extent that statute or case law does not prohibit releases for negligence, this release is also for negligence on the part of Free Bike Tours Rome (Ass. Culturale Cicloturismo Urbano), its agents, and employees. In the event that I should require medical care or treatment, I agree to be financially responsible for any costs incurred as a result of such treatment. I am aware and understand that I should carry my own health insurance.
In the event that any damage to equipment or facilities occurs as a result of my or my family’s willful actions, neglect or recklessness, I acknowledge and agree to be held liable for any and all costs associated with any actions of neglect or recklessness.
This Agreement was entered into at arm’s-length, without duress or coercion, and is to be interpreted as an agreement between two parties of equal bargaining strength. Both the Participant – this is the person that hires the bicycle and/or participates in a organized tour – and Free Bike Tours Rome (Ass. Culturale Cicloturismo Urbano) agree that this Agreement is clear and unambiguous as to its terms, and that no other evidence will be used or admitted to alter or explain the terms of this Agreement, but that it will be interpreted based on the language in accordance with the purposes for which it is entered into.
In the event that any provision contained within this Release of Liability shall be deemed to be severable or invalid, or if any term, condition, phrase or portion of this agreement shall be determined to be unlawful or otherwise unenforceable, the remainder of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect, so long as the clause severed does not affect the intent of the parties. If a court should find that any provision of this agreement to be invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting said provision it would become valid and enforceable, then said provision shall be deemed to be written, construed and enforced as so limited.
I affirm that I am of the age of 18 years or older, and that I am freely participating or renting. I certify that I have read this agreement, that fully understand its content and that this release cannot be modified orally. I am aware that this is a release of liability and a contract and that I agree to it of my (the participants’) own free will.
PARENT / GUARDIAN WAIVER FOR MINORS
In the event that the participant is under the age of consent (18 [EIGHTEEN] years of age), then I hereby certify that I am the parent or guardian the minor, and do hereby give my consent without reservation to the foregoing on behalf of this individual.